Saturday, January 5, 2008

There Is No Such Thing As The Gambling Olympics!

I often become bewildered when I hear of people bragging, because they have high strike rates and/or high profit-on-turnover figures (POT). You know the 'my strike rate on the Soccer is 73%' or 'my POT on the gallops is 90%'.


Yes, OK, congratulations. Give yourself a pat on the back; you are making money. Well, actually, if your strike rate on the Soccer was 73%, this certainly does not guarantee that you are showing a profit. After all, the goal is to back plenty of winners, isn't it? Well, yes and no.


Is the goal to simply make money, or is it to make as much money as we can, given our current resources (time, starting bank, knowledge, etc.)? I realize that it sounds like I am being a little greedy, but come on, admit it, we all want great, big View the rest of this article


No comments: