Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Successful Weight Loss

Over the years, I have been lucky not to have had to worry too much about my weight. I have played a lot of sport, and kept myself healthy. At the age of 40, I was still actively involved in squash, tennis and golf, although the latter 2 were not as strenuous as squash. At the age of 41, I gave up competitive squash, and over the next 6 months put on over 5 kg’s (11 pounds). By my early 50’s, I was about 84kg (185lb), diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, depressed, and wondering where my life was going. At only 170cm (5’8”), my BMI was much too high. I had to find a way to slim down. After getting the doctors advice on my diabetes, I started to try to do the right thing and lose weight. I ate a diet of cardboard and grass, or if you will, crackers and salad. I tri View the rest of this article


No comments: