Thursday, November 8, 2007

What It Takes to Be an Expert on Anything

After what seemed like months of a hectic schedule the Gracious Mistress of the Parsonage and Yours Truly were enjoying a relaxing evening in the parsonage living room catching up on a pile of newspapers. It is amazing to me how much the new news is like the old news, which only increases my admiration for those who write the news.

I was engrossed in some story, I forget which one now, when I heard familiar sputterings coming from the direction of my wife's chair. Being a veteran husband, I chose to ignore those sounds. However, the more I ignored, the louder they got.

It was not long before those sputterings evolved into words and eventually those words evolved into phrases.

"Would you look at that?" "I can't believe that?" "Some people ha View the rest of this article


No comments: