Friday, September 21, 2007

Doctor Shopping Type I

You may not know what “Doctor Shopping” is but I’ll bet you do it. There are actually two definitions. The first type is when someone goes from one doctor to another trying to “find” a diagnosis he or she likes. That may sound pretty bizarre but it does happen. And worse yet, they never tell one doctor that they either have gone to another doctor or are going to go to one. They may end up with a myriad of tests AND medicines. From all the drugs, they may take some of this, some of that and never take them the way they’re supposed to. But this is a topic for another article. The kind of patient I want to discuss today is the one who gets most of his or her advice outside of the doctor’s office. Let me give you an example. I stop at the gas station every View the rest of this article


No comments: