Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fly fishing with nymph

A friend of mine was asking some fly fishing question about how to fish with small nymph, here is what he ask, What is the proper way to fish a very small nymph? Today I went fishing in the Fallbrook, and had zero luck. I'm in the beginning stages of fly fishing so I’m not exactly sure I was doing it right. My rod is a 9 foot 5 weight with wf floating line. I was using a very small nymph, so I put a light splitshot about a foot above the fly and had a strike indicator about 2 feet above that. I'm not sure if any of it was a good set up, but casting seemed way harder. Almost every cast the tippet would fall right on itself. Well here is some advice that could be a big help, so you can caught fish on a fly rod. So how do we fish with a nymph, Well, it all depends. Wh View the rest of this article


No comments: