Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Nasal Congestion- The Role of Humidity Control

While in Europe recently, I found that I didn’t need to use nasal irrigation to prevent nasal congestion. I did bring along a travel WaterPik device which I often use for this purpose when away from home, but I didn’t feel the need to use it even once for the entire month we were gone. I attribute this to the higher humidity levels in Europe compared to those in Colorado where we live.
I normally use nasal irrigation with a saline solution once or twice per day. It would be unthinkable to go for a month in Colorado without doing this. I would almost certainly come down with a sinus infection during this length of time, even while continuing to take my normal medication.
According to Dr. Robert Ivker, D.O., former President of the American Holistic M View the rest of this article


No comments: